Wednesday, March 13, 2013

retail therapy...


Its every cook/baker's dream to have a spacious well-stocked pantry. Not only you will be well prepared to whip up quick tasty meal or desserts, you will also save time & money in the long run. As I am getting more into baking I need to stock up my relatively new baking pantry so I can breeze through the prep work easily & quickly.


Well, what are some of the best/basic ingredients & tools to keep on hand? I always have unsalted butter, whole milk, eggs, yeast, vanilla pods, cream & cream cheese in my fridge. As for the pantry, I will stock up with different types of flour, sugar, salt, extracts, spices, chocolate, baking soda/powder, baking pans etc. These are the essential ingredients for basic baking for now. I don't own many baking books as I just started serious baking recently. I happened to come across these 2 wonderful baking books (Flour: Spectacular Recipes From Boston's Flour Bakery + Cafe & Sarabeth's Bakery: From My Hands to Yours) in Amazon which featured really amazing recipes. So after reading all the good reviews about the books I decided to add both books to my shopping cart along with some baking ingredients. hehe =) Its good retail therapy for me & more baking experiments for my hubby to pig out... yumz =P And if you love baking, you should really add these two books to your baking pantry collection. Enjoy!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

happie note

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...